Gnosis Data Analysis is an exciting, energetic, enthusiastic start-up company working on AutoML products and advanced machine learning consulting services. Gnosis has recently attracted investment funding to scale up its activities and is getting ready to launch its first product. Gnosis is a University of Crete start-up with partners in Greece, Denmark, Germany, and Georgia.
We are currently looking for a software developer with a strong background in full-stack web applications to strengthen our development team.
As a software developer, you will contribute to the design, development, deployment, maintenance, and operation of a performant, scalable, user friendly, highly available web-based environment. The software development in which the successful applicant will be involved has been the result of many years of our team’s work in the fields of machine learning and artificial intelligence for data analysis.
Skills and Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or related field
- Experience in developing full-stack web applications using the following technologies
- Java, Spring Boot
- Visualization tools (e.g. Kibana, Google charts)
- RDBMS, JPA Hibernate
- Experience in Cloud services technologies like Amazon Web Services
- Knowledge of software engineering practices (e.g. design patterns, unit testing), and of version control tools (most preferably Git) and build automation tools (most preferably Maven)
- Familiarity with Agile methodologies
- Professional working proficiency in English
- Excellent communication, teamwork & problem solving skills.
- Independent thinking, ability to work autonomously, coming up with proposals and solutions, taking initiatives, entrepreneurship
- Fulfilled military obligations, where applicable.
- Master’s degree in computer science or related field
- Experience in the following technologies
- NoSQL databases
- High-performance computing services
- Scripting languages such as Python and Bash
- Scientific computing languages such as R and MATLAB
- Competitive compensation
- Agile company culture embracing simplicity, speed, flexibility, autonomy and diversity
- Stimulating R&D environment with experienced high-caliber professionals and researchers
- Exposure to modern technologies, techniques, and fields such of data analytics and bioinformatics
- Continuous training opportunities aiming at professional mastery and personal growth
Please send your application including a full CV, references, a motivation letter and other supporting material electronically to firstname.lastname@example.org. You can address questions to the same email.
Applications will be continuously evaluated every two weeks and until the position is filled.