Gnosis Data Analysis is an exciting, energetic, enthusiastic start-up company working on AutoML products and advanced machine learning consulting services. Gnosis has recently attracted investment funding to scale up its activities and is getting ready to launch its first product. Gnosis is a University of Crete start-up with partners in Greece, Denmark, Germany, and Georgia.
Gnosis headquarters and R&D facilities are in Heraklion, Greece but will consider applications from other locations.
We are currently looking for a senior data scientist and machine learning expert to strengthen our personnel.
As a senior data scientist, you will perform research, develop new product features and internal tools, and lead data analysis projects our company is involved in. The candidate should be able to handle various tasks, including reviewing the relevant literature, implementing the necessary (existing or invent new) algorithms, conducting data analyses, and interpreting the outcome.
Skills and Qualifications
- PhD in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Applied Math, Operations Research or related technical field
- Excellent command in statistical programming, particularly with the R Statistical Software or Matlab / Octave
- Strong background in Machine Learning and Statistics
- Strong background in Mathematics and Algorithms
- A notable track of relevant experience is highly desirable. Particularly, past/current participation in projects related to data analysis, machine learning.
- Excellent communication, teamwork & problem-solving skills.
- Independent thinking, ability to work autonomously, coming up with proposals and solutions, taking initiatives, entrepreneurship
- Professional working proficiency in English.
- Fulfilled military obligations, where applicable.
- Familiarity with principles of bioinformatics
- Good command of Java and object-oriented programming.
- Knowledge of software engineering practices (e.g. design patterns, unit testing), and of version control tools (e.g. git) and build automation tools (e.g. Maven).
- Knowledge of functional, logical or scientific programming languages (e.g. OCaml, ASP, Julia, Scala, Python).
- Competitive compensation
- Agile company culture embracing simplicity, speed, flexibility, autonomy and diversity
- Stimulating R&D environment with experienced high-caliber professionals and researchers
- Exposure to modern technologies, techniques, and fields such of data analytics and bioinformatics
- Continuous training opportunities aiming at professional mastery and personal growth
Please send you application including a full CV, references, a motivation letter and other supporting material electronically to email@example.com. You can address questions to the same email.
Applications will be continuously evaluated every two weeks and until the position is filled.