Gnosis Data Analysis is an exciting, energetic, enthusiastic start-up company working on AutoML products and advanced machine learning consulting services. Gnosis has recently attracted investment funding to scale up its activities and is getting ready to launch its first product. Gnosis is a University of Crete start-up with partners in Greece, Denmark, Germany, and Georgia.
We are currently looking for a scientific programmer to strengthen our development team.
As a scientific programmer, you will assist in the realization of software applications for (big) data analysis. The candidate should be able to handle various tasks, including the implementation of statistical / machine learning algorithms, their testing and evaluation, adapting existing code for running on parallel / cloud based infrastructure, data analysis scripts.
Skills and Qualifications
- M.Sc. in Computer Engineering, Computer Science or related technical field
- Excellent command of Java and object-oriented programming
- Good command of statistical programming languages, particularly with the R Statistical Software or Matlab / Octave
- Knowledge of software engineering practices (e.g. design patterns, unit testing), and of version control tools (e.g. git) and build automation tools (e.g. Maven)
- Familiarity with Agile methodologies
- Professional working proficiency in English
- Excellent communication, teamwork & problem solving skills
- Independent thinking, ability to work autonomously, coming up with proposals and solutions, taking initiatives, entrepreneurship
- Fulfilled military obligations, where applicable
- PhD on a Machine Learning-related field is highly appreciated
- A notable track of relevant experience is highly desirable. Particularly, past/current participation in projects related to data analysis, machine learning, cloud computing will be considered as a plus.
- Experience in Big Data programming (e.g., Spark, Hadoop).
- Knowledge of functional, logical or scientific programming languages (e.g. OCaml, ASP, Julia, Scala, Python).
- Familiarity with principles of bioinformatics
- Competitive compensation
- Agile company culture embracing simplicity, speed, flexibility, autonomy and diversity
- Stimulating R&D environment with experienced high-caliber professionals and researchers
- Exposure to modern technologies, techniques, and fields such of data analytics and bioinformatics
- Continuous training opportunities aiming at professional mastery and personal growth
Please send you application including a full CV, references, a motivation letter and other supporting material electronically to firstname.lastname@example.org. You can address questions to the same email.
Applications will be continuously evaluated every two weeks and until the position is filled.