Gnosis Data Analysis is a University of Crete spin-off SME providing software and consultant services for advanced data analytics. We are currently looking for a software developer with a strong background in full-stack web applications to strengthen our personnel.
As a software developer, you will design and implement a performant, scalable, user friendly, high availability web-based environment, and contribute to the code for all parts of its life cycle from design, development, and deployment, to maintenance, operation, and support. The software development in which the successful applicant will be involved has been the result of many years of our team’s leading research in the fields of machine learning and artificial intelligence for data analysis.
This job offers the opportunity to work in a highly stimulating research-oriented environment, closely collaborating with Greek and foreigner researchers, and to gain experience in the modern fields such of data analytics and bioinformatics.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or related field.
- Experience in developing full-stack web applications using the following technologies.
- REST/SOAP, Visualization tools (e.g. Kibana, Google charts)
- Knowledge of software engineering practices (e.g. design patterns, unit testing), and of version control tools (most preferably Git) and build automation tools (most preferably Maven).
- Excellent communication skills.
- Professional working proficiency in English.
- Ability to work within an interdisciplinary team.
- Independent thinking, ability to work autonomously, coming up with proposals and solutions, taking initiatives.
- Master’s degree in computer science or related field.
- Experience in the following technologies.
- NoSQL databases, Bootstrap, JPA Hibernate
- Cloud services technologies like Amazon Web Services
- High-performance computing services
- Scripting languages such as Python and Bash
- Scientific computing languages such as R and MATLAB
- Experience in communicating and working with experts (e.g. in a science community) in a co-development model.
The compensation is highly competitive with respect to similar positions. The salary will be tailored to the experience and capacity of the candidate.
Please send you application including a full CV, references, a motivation letter and other supporting material electronically to email@example.com. You can address questions to the same email.
Applications will be continuously evaluated every two weeks and until the position is filled.