Gnosis Data Analysis is a University of Crete spin-off SME providing software and consultant services for advanced data analytics. We are currently looking for a Big Data developer to strengthen our personnel.
As a Big Data developer, you will lead or assist in the realization of software applications for big data analysis in various projects our company is involved in. The candidate should be able to handle various tasks, including the implementation of statistical / machine learning algorithms for big data analysis, their testing and evaluation, adapting existing code for running on parallel / cloud based infrastructure, data analysis scripts, and the realization of appropriate stand-alone and web-based user interfaces.
This job offers the opportunity to work in a highly stimulating research-oriented environment, closely collaborating with Greek and foreigner researchers, and to gain experience in the modern fields such of data analytics and Big Data.
- Bachelor in Computer Science or related technical field (M.Sc. will be an asset).
- Excellent command of Big Data programming (e.g., Spark, Hadoop).
- Excellent command of Java and object-oriented programming.
- Knowledge of software engineering practices (e.g. design patterns, unit testing), and of version control tools (e.g. git) and build automation tools (e.g. Maven).
- Excellent communication, teamwork & problem solving skills.
- Independent thinking, ability to work autonomously, coming up with proposals and solutions, taking initiatives, entrepreneurship.
- Professional working proficiency in English.
- Fulfilled military obligations, where applicable.
- A notable track of relevant experience is highly desirable. Particularly, past/current participation in projects related to data analysis, machine learning, cloud computing.
- Experience in statistical programming, particularly with the R Statistical Software or Matlab / Octave.
- Knowledge of functional, logical or scientific programming languages (e.g. OCaml, ASP, Julia, Scala, Python).
The compensation is highly competitive with respect to similar positions. The salary will be tailored to the experience and capacity of the candidate.
Please send you application including a full CV, references, a motivation letter and other supporting material electronically to email@example.com. You can address questions to the same email.
Applications will be continuously evaluated every two weeks and until the position is filled.