Gnosis Data Analysis is a University of Crete spin-off SME providing software and consultant services for advanced data analytics. We are currently looking for a scientific programmer to strengthen our personnel.
As a scientific programmer, you will assist in the realization of software applications for (big) data analysis and provide data analysis services. The candidate should be able to handle various tasks, including the implementation of statistical/machine learning algorithms, their testing and evaluation, adapting existing code for running on parallel/cloud based infrastructure, data analysis scripts, and the realization of appropriate stand-alone and web-based user interfaces.
This job offers the opportunity to work in a highly stimulating research-oriented environment, closely collaborating with Greek and foreigner researchers, and to gain experience in the modern fields such of data analytics and Big Data.
- M.Sc. in Computer Engineering, Computer Science or related technical field.
- Excellent command of Java and object-oriented programming.
- Professional working proficiency in English
- Excellent communication, teamwork & problem solving skills.
- Independent thinking, ability to work autonomously, coming up with proposals and solutions, taking initiatives, entrepreneurship.
- Fulfilled military obligations, where applicable.
- A notable track of relevant experience is highly desirable. Particularly, past/current participation in projects related to data analysis, machine learning, cloud computing will be considered as a plus.
- Experience in statistical programming, particularly with the R Statistical Software or Matlab/Octave.
- Good command of big data programming (e.g., Spark, Hadoop).
- Knowledge of software engineering practices (e.g. design patterns, unit testing), and of version control tools (e.g. git) and build automation tools (e.g. Maven).
- Knowledge of functional, logical or scientific programming languages (e.g. OCaml, ASP, Julia, Scala, Python).
- Familiarity with principles of bioinformatics.
The compensation is highly competitive with respect to similar positions. The salary will be tailored to the experience and capacity of the candidate.
Please send you application including a full CV, references, a motivation letter and other supporting material electronically to firstname.lastname@example.org. You can address questions to the same email.
Applications will be continuously evaluated every two weeks and until the position is filled.