Gnosis Data Analysis is a University of Crete spin-off SME providing software and consultant services for advanced data analytics. We are currently looking for a data analyst to strengthen our personnel.
As a data analyst, you will lead various data analysis projects our company is involved in. The candidate should be able to handle various tasks, including reviewing the relevant literature, implementing the necessary (existing or new) algorithms, conducting the analysis, and interpreting the outcome.
This job offers the opportunity to work in a highly stimulating research-oriented environment, closely collaborating with Greek and foreigner researchers, and to gain experience in the modern fields such of data analytics and bioinformatics.
- M.Sc. in Computer Engineering, Computer Science or related technical field (PhD will be an asset).
- Excellent command in statistical programming, particularly with the R Statistical Software or Matlab/Octave.
- A notable track of relevant experience is highly desirable. Particularly, past/current participation in projects related to data analysis, machine learning.
- Familiarity with principles of bioinformatics.
- Excellent communication, teamwork & problem solving skills.
- Independent thinking, ability to work autonomously, coming up with proposals and solutions, taking initiatives, entrepreneurship.
- Professional working proficiency in English.
- Fulfilled military obligations, where applicable.
- Good command of Java and object-oriented programming.
- Knowledge of software engineering practices (e.g. design patterns, unit testing), and of version control tools (e.g. git) and build automation tools (e.g. Maven).
- Knowledge of functional, logical or scientific programming languages (e.g. OCaml, ASP, Julia, Scala, Python).
The compensation is highly competitive with respect to similar positions. The salary will be tailored to the experience and capacity of the candidate.
Please send you application including a full CV, references, a motivation letter and other supporting material electronically to email@example.com. You can address questions to the same email.
Applications will be continuously evaluated every two weeks and until the position is filled.